MyPhotoBlog

Also peep into my PoetryBlog. Click 'HOME' to view 10 of the latest photos

Welcome To My Blog

Welcome To My Blog

Followers

House my sister built



Taken in 2009 at Thrissur, Kerala.

A real 'Nadan' (of the country) house completed with red and black oxide floor. The interiors are cool even in summers and there are no AC's installed. Every room has an exhaust fan that is switched on for 1/2 hr every night.

This is the veranda...very typically Kerala...a nice place for a cup of tea and a chat!

Front doors.


The interiors is very modern but still retains the old world charm...they have created a central opening thru which sunlight streams in. The staircase leads into an attic for the kids to play in.

The center of attraction.,,,a thing of beauty.

The kitchen and Sis!

© Nalini Hebbar/saycheese/2009-all rights reserved
Explore my PoetryBlog

9 comments:

magiceye said...

pretty and elegant

Lakshmi Rajan said...

It retains the old world charm of Kerala architecture :) ... usually I love the central openings that one finds in vintage homes. It brings so much of positive energy into the homes.

Kcalpesh said...

Does look like one really good place to be staying in :-)


Pixellicious Photos

Tarun Mitra said...

wow!!!! classic...:)

Unknown said...

You have no idea how much I miss Kerala!!

Sangitha said...

Wow! Nice house.

Purba said...

Are we invited?

el_idioto said...

its beautiful

Anonymous said...

hey nice :)
At times I used to think that I should buy an old "tharavadu" with pond :)
Whoa!!!

Comments

Thank you thanx thanks girlie girlee girl animated gif Pictures, Images and Photos