MyPhotoBlog

Also peep into my PoetryBlog. Click 'HOME' to view 10 of the latest photos

Welcome To My Blog

Welcome To My Blog

Followers

Browsers



Taken on the boatsafari down the Kabini River, Karnataka on 18 January, 2010.

Browsers of a different kind!

The elephant on the right has her right leg lifted up. Elephants eat the grass after uprooting it by kicking at it. It's a wonderful sight and made me wonder why when there are so many tall trees around, an elephant even bothers to eat grass. It must be equivalent to a handful of puffed rice for it! 

Green grass is sweet and juicy.

How do I know that? Well. that's my favourite pass-time in the wild and on lawns!. 
Just try it!  Pluck a stem, peel back the blade to expose the yellowish green juicy part, take a bite and chew. Yummy! 

It must be good for us. I have seen dogs eating grass when unwell in the tummy.

© Nalini Hebbar/saycheese/2009-all rights reserved
Explore my PoetryBlog


6 comments:

magiceye said...

brilliant capture and interesting info too

Purba said...

Getting high on grass!

Tarun Mitra said...

GRASS lol

bollywoodstylediaries said...

this one is so beautiful - love the colors..

Anonymous said...

beautiful!
you really eat grass??? lol

Emreen said...

Lovely shot... Thought it ws thekadi... !!

Comments

Thank you thanx thanks girlie girlee girl animated gif Pictures, Images and Photos